Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Short-Term Storage: Step 3

Make a Shopping List



How much food do you need for 3 months (or however long you decide)?  Make a list of what you'll need.  If you'd like to use my free food storage list/shopping organizer, click here.   It's simple, and can take away some of the headache.  (note:  to see my organizer for purchasing long-term food storage, I'll be posting that shortly)

How?  Let's assume I have these meals twice a month (obviously I'll need more recipes, but remember, this is just to get started).  To have enough for 3 months I'll need to multiply each ingredient by 6.  My shopping list will look like this:


Amy's 3-month Dinner Shopping List
24 cans tomato sauce (or 6 cups tomato powder)
6 cans diced tomatoes
7 1/2 C FD Beef
3 Cups Broccoli
6 cans Ckn Broth (6-8 tsp bouillon)
6 Cups Inst. Black Beans
12 cans corn (or 12 cups FD corn)
15 Cups FD Chicken
6 Cups instant red beans
3 lb Macaroni
12 Cups diced potatoes
6 C FD Sausage
4.5 pkg penne noodles
12 Cups mozz. cheese
6 pkg. frozen pie crusts (2-per pkg)
6 cans Crm-potato soup
6 cans mixed veggies

Decide what purchasing method works best for you -- I recommend choosing items as they come on sale then purchasing the entire amount of that ingredient.  But do what's best for you and your budget.  If you have any specific items that you would like to order from me, please view a complete list of products at: myfamilythrives.shelfreliance.com  There are always specials going on, so be sure and check the sales tab above or ask me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment